Sunday, June 4, 2017

My Week In Review 5/27/17-6/3/17


Last week I tried several new to me authors and I just could not get interested in about half of the books.  I actually put aside more than I finished.  So here are the books I enjoyed.

One Tequila by Tricia O'Malley - 4 Stars ****


Tequila Key is just like any other small town and I'm just like any other small town psychic. Scratch that. Tequila Key is a world onto itself and some people might think that I am one crayon short of the box.

And, if we're being totally honest, Tequila Key is just like any other small town – if that town boasts a voodoo priestess and a few white witches for flavor. Turquoise blue water and the best margaritas this side of Mexico make it hard to leave.

I'm Althea Rose, co-owner of Luna Rose Potions & Tarot Shop, and I've just stumbled into a love triangle while trying to save my best friend from being accused of murder.

See? Just like any other small town.

Throne to the Wolves by J.A. Cipriano - 4 Stars ****


Hey, I'm Annie. Mage. Nerd. Gamer Extraordinaire.

And yes, I wrote that on my nametag.

I was having a great day right up until Justin Bailey, werewolf prince and Grade A Pain-In-My-Ass came barreling into the shop I work at. Then he threw around words like "blood feud," "sorceress," and "murderer," so I couldn't just kick him out, especially since they all seemed connected to me.

Now the only thing I can do to clear my name is use my magic to help him find the culprit before the council of wolves takes matters into their own hands. If they do, they won't just kill me, they'll put the kibosh on anyone who's ever talked to me.

I guess Uncle Ben was right about that whole responsibility thing.

Incubation by Adrienne Lecter - 4 Stars ****


If the zombie apocalypse happens tomorrow—how would you spend your last day?

All Dr. Brianna Lewis wants is a cup of coffee.

Coffee, to make slaving away in her cell culture lab at Green Fields Biotech a little more bearable on a Friday afternoon when everyone is home already.

What she doesn’t count on is a group of terrorists blowing up all the entrances to the building and taking her and a select few others hostage. Bree soon finds herself conflicted. Not only does she know their charismatic leader. She also starts to suspect that there is a lot more to this than the hunt for an illegal bioweapon—a virus that could potentially kill millions in just a few days—particularly as there is currently a flu epidemic raging across the country, and reports about violent behavior among the afflicted are getting more and more alarming.

The Good, The Dead, and the Lawless: The Undoing
by Angelique Archer - 4 Stars****


Haven Janero is twenty-five years-old and has a bright future of becoming an FBI agent when a widespread infection sweeps the nation, reanimating victims into walking corpses with an insatiable hunger for human flesh. Her dreams crushed and her world forever changed, she struggles to keep her loved ones safe and come up with a plan of long-term survival. 

Colin MacConnell, a kilt-wearing, bagpipes-playing, sword-wielding Scotsman in his early thirties, is visiting his father in the States, but quickly realizes that he may never see his homeland again when he is forced to go up against the undead. As society around them crumbles and lawlessness and chaos take over, they must fight hordes of ravenous zombies… and a dangerous enemy from the past who is hell-bent on seeking twisted vengeance.

The Girl Who Shot First by Angel Lawson
4 Stars ****


The last time Alexandra sees her scientist father he tells her to wait two weeks for him to return. If he doesn’t, she and her mother must find her sister, over three hundred miles away, in one of the states under quarantine. 

A virus is infecting the healthy, turning them into raging, cannibalistic versions of their former selves. Dr. Ramsey has spent months studying the E-TR virus, including Alex in his trials. Before he leaves he hands Alexandra what may be the most valuable information in existence. Information that more than one powerful group would go to great lengths to possess. 

Alexandra is no match for this world—one where men and women crave the taste off flesh and the weak are a liability, but she made her father a promise. One she intends to keep no matter how many lives are lost on the way.

That covers it for my reading week.  I hope you found some wonderful books in your neck of the woods.

Thanks for stopping by,
Michelle

1 comment:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Enjoy your books! They are all new to me, so I'll be watching for your reviews.

Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES